This guide describes how to set a specific material for supports, skirts, and/or rafts in Simplify3D.
- With Simplify3D open, select your Process and go to the Extruder tab.
- Add an Extruder ('Support Extruder') and make sure that it has the same settings as your Primary Extruder (nozzle diameter, retraction settings, etc.).
- The only change to make is the Extruder Toolhead Index. The Tool number corresponds to the Drive number of your Palette+ (Tool 0 is Drive 1, Tool 1 is Drive 2, etc.). Select the Tool/Drive which your support material will be inserted. In this example, our support material will be fed into Drive 1 of Palette+.
- Next, click on the Support tab.
- Make sure that "Generate Spport Material" is checked, and that you assign the Support Extruder as your Support Extruder.
And that's it! You should be all set up to assign a specific material for your support and skirts! If you have any questions, send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.