This article will help explain how to exchange and replace your Arduino board if you're running into issues with your Palette+. The most common issue would be if your Palette+ powers off when trying to read from your SD card or if Palette+ is unresponsive when connected to your laptop via the USB cable.
- Please remove the back cover of Palette+ by removing the four screws. The plate is attached by the scroll wheel tether, which can be removed from the board.
- Once the plate is removed, loosen the following screw to allow the whole electronics tray and metal frame to move:
- Remove the following 3 screws:
- Your electronics tray can now be separated from the metal frame. You'lll notice that your electronics tray is attached in two parts: the top board withe the wires is the RAMPS board, and the board attached underneath is the Arduino board. To replace, simply remove the Arduino board and attach the new board. You can also use a pair of pliers to transplant the 4 plastic standoffs to the new board.
- Reverse the steps above to re-assemble. Once this is done, connect Palette+ to your computer using only the USB cable. Open Chroma and go to Tools > Update Palette Firwmare. Unselect Auto-detect connected devices and press Flash Hex File.... Please flash the EEPROM file found here.
- If you're unable to flash this file, you may need to update your Arduino drivers here.
If you run into any questions, please send a message to us here: email@example.com.