This article outlines to steps to replace the square DC fan which helps to blow air away from your electronics board. When undergoing maintenance, please be sure that your Palette+ is unplugged and powered off.
To replace the fan:
- Begin by unplugging the hall sensor. Unplug the three wires from the prongs on the hall sensor, and unscrew the single screw on the acrylic holder. The acrylic and the sensor will come out.
- Unscrew the fan.
- Remove the fan from the electronics board. On the electronics board, loosen the screws on the D10 block which will allow the red and black wire to be removed.
- Remove the fan.
- Now that the old fan is removed from the Palette+, replace with the new fan. Feed the red and black wires from the fan behind the metal plate, leading to the electronics board.
- Screw the fan to the metal plate from its four corners.
- Screw the acrylic plate holding the hall sensor back in place.
- Plug back in the wiring for the hall sensor. Make sure that the red wire is on top.
- On the electronics board, re-insert the red and black wires into D10. With the board facing up, insert the red wire into the right input and the black wire into the left input.
- Hand-tighten the screw above the red and black wires to hold them in place.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.