Palette 2™'s bottom casing would need to be removed to gain access to the electronics tray, to replace the fan. (screen, encoder, tighten belt, fix wires...)
- Turn Palette 2 off and remove the top lid by gently lifting from the sides.
- Remove the 4 screws holding the bottom casing to the substructure. Two are located at the top two corners of Palette 2 while the other two are under the ingoing cover. Remove the ingoing cover by loosening the five thumbscrews counterclockwise.
- Once the screws are removed, grip Palette 2 together by the substructure and bottom casing together and flip so that the screen is facing down.
- Slowly and carefully lift the bottom casing away from the substructure as they are connected by a bundle of wires.
- To fully detach the bottom casing, unplug the wire bundle from the electronics tray. The bottom casing will now be free.
Once the bottom casing is free, you'll have access to replace certain pieces of hardware:
Replace the electronics tray (Link)
Replace the fan (Link)
If you have any additional questions, please send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.