Palette 2’s internal splicing mechanism heats up to 250°C, which is more than hot enough for most materials! The optimal splicing temperature for PLA is only 145°C. Splice tuning involves different factors to modify the strength of splices. These include heat, compression, and cooling. Modifying these factors will help achieve strong splices for different materials.
Articles in this section
- What is the difference between Palette 2 and Palette 2 Pro?
- Which software and hardware products are compatible with each other?
- Can I transfer splice cores between Palette 2 and Palette 2 Pro?
- Can Palette 2 work with a dual extrusion printer?
- What is the maximum filament splicing temperature?
- What filaments can be used with Palette 2 (Pro)?
- Can Palette 2 (Pro) splice filaments with brittle materials?
- Can Palette 2 (Pro) use flexible filaments?
- How fast can Palette 2 (Pro) produce filament?